[teknoids] RE: Online evals

Susie Pontiff Stringer spontiff at fcsl.edu
Tue Oct 4 13:49:58 EDT 2011

Hi Cyndi,

We have not found a way to tie the release of grades to evaluations yet, but we have found a way to increase our evaluation participation rate. We use Scantron's Class Climate program. Students receive an email at the beginning of the evaluation period. Those who do not complete the evaluations receive reminders every three days. The way to stop the emails is to complete the evaluations. We also set aside five to ten minutes in each course and a proctor facilitates the evaluation process. This may be clunky, but our participation rate is around 90%.

There is a company called Online Course Evaluations (www.onlinecourseevaluations.com<http://www.onlinecourseevaluations.com>) that contacted us in the past. They guarantee 72 - 90% return, based on the plan you choose. I know nothing about them, but someone else on this listserv may have experience with them.

Take care.

Susie

Susie Pontiff Stringer, Ed.D., SPHR
Director of Academic Technology