[teknoids] Computer Lab Furniture

Gary P. Moore Gary.P.Moore at hofstra.edu
Tue Oct 4 12:50:44 EDT 2011

John

I wonder if Jamie is seeing the same thing I am seeing.  Nearly all of our students have laptops  (over 90 percent take their exams on computer) and we have two high volume printers they can print to from our wireless network (which many do use). However, many of those students still like to use our workstations in our two labs to check email/social media, print their documents off USB drives/network drive, and perform their Westlaw/lexis research/printing.  The first floor lab is often packed (we have 22 workstations in that lab).

I thought lab usage would eventually shrink to where we wouldn't need to lease new computer workstations in the labs and do what you suggest, John.  But that doesn't seem to be the case at Hofstra.

Gary

Gary Moore, PMP |Assistant Dean for Information Systems| Maurice A. Deane School of Law
121 Hofstra University, Room 030 |Gary.P.Moore at hofstra.edu |Phone: (516) 463-6067