[teknoids] apple tv 2 and wide area bonjour

Tom Ryan tomryan at camlaw.rutgers.edu
Mon Nov 21 16:03:53 EST 2011

Has anyone configured DNS to support apple tv 2 in a wide area bonjour setup?

Just some quick background, a while back, we configured IPP services via wide area bonjour and now have AirPrint services on our wifi network to our pharos print queue (students love it :).
Based on that success,  we'd like to configure airplay (think apple tv's in classrooms/conference rooms/group study rooms/etc) to allow facstaff/students to wirelessly present from their iOS devices (yes, we've been there/done that with liteshow boxes, but we think that this might get more usage AND costs less anyway even if tied to only one platform :(

I've dumped all of the service entries I can find, but can't get it to work.. (our proxy arp config on our wireless requires wide area bonjour even though the devices can be all on the same network)..

Tom