[teknoids] iPad policy question

James Callison callison at hamilton.law.ou.edu
Wed Nov 16 13:48:30 EST 2011

On 11/16/2011 10:22 AM, Simms, Grace wrote:
> Has anyone purchased iPads for employees?  If so - how did you handle
> app purchases?  iTunes cards?  A budget?  Have everyone use the same
> iTunes account?

We have a departmental iPad with an account that's tied to a PCard, but
I think we had to get special permission to do that. For everyone else,
if it's work-related, you buy the app and submit a request for
reimbursement. I've done that (particularly when investigating remote
access from the iPad--a $3.99 app here and a $11.99 app there can add up
over time), and I've also been reimbursed for work-related e-books. We
do not pay for the wireless plans, but I can get reimbursed for it if I
have to turn on the 3G capability for work. (I don't use the 3G on mine
at all, FWIW.)

James

James P. Callison, MCP+I, MCSE
Network Administrator/Webmaster
The University of Oklahoma Law Center ITS
callison at www.law.ou.edu
  I rise with the lark from daylight to dark,
  I do what I have to do
  I'm careless in wealth, I've only me health
  To paddle me own canoe
	-- Waxies Dargle, "Paddle Me Own Canoe"