[teknoids] iPad policy question

Bohl, Phillip C. Phillip.Bohl at pepperdine.edu
Wed Nov 16 12:03:58 EST 2011

We put them on an apple account tied to a school p-card.  I think we had a number of folks on that same account.  This was right after the product was released.  Now I believe everyone has their own accounts -- though they may be sharing the same p-card -- not everyone has a p-card.

Initially, I told the guys to GO, DO, BE ipaders, learn the platform!  Of my team, only one guy bought a game.  I think it was $2 or something like that.

Less than 30 days later, I got a conference call from the university CFO and the Controller to defend that purchase.  Of all the things I have done here over the years, that's the first time I ever had to defend a purchase.

They were terrified that we might set a trend of game purchases with university funds.  To my knowledge that was the first and last game purchased for an iPad here.

I personally have two accounts with apple.  One for work and one for home.  I switch between them depending upon what I'm doing.

Best,

Phil
Pepperdine Law