[teknoids] RE: pdf conversion software

Richard Abbott Rabbit at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 28 12:56:04 EST 2011

There is another way...

One command ( mogrify -format pdf *.tiff ) will convert every tiff in a directory to pdfs of the same name. Mogrify is part of the ImageMagik toolset.
http://www.imagemagick.org/www/mogrify.html

Groklaw also has a great tutorial on batch-converting pdfs into text files using Tesseract open source character recognition.
http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20061210115516438

And for complex or otherwise difficult documents ...
http://live.gnome.org/OCRFeeder

-Richard