[teknoids] RE: pdf conversion software

Whitcomb, Jeff jmwhitco at samford.edu
Mon Feb 28 08:44:02 EST 2011

PDF to DOC is always going to glitch, but just depends on the document.  If there are any graphics at all, it changes the whole game.  Adobe Acrobat Pro X actually does a pretty good job at converting a text PDF to a doc.  I found that running OCR on the PDF prior to saving as a .doc works well.

I would venture to say that Adobe Acrobat is always going to be the best, obviously.

Jeff Whitcomb
Technology Services Manager
Cumberland School of Law - Samford University
205-726-4662
jmwhitco <at> samford <dot> edu

P<http://www.samford.edu/gogreen/> Think before you print

Why are computers so difficult?  Because of errors like this:

Service X depends on service Y, which failed to start because of the following error:  The operation completed successfully.