[teknoids] Live Transcription for Deaf Student

Margaret.Thomas at notes.udayton.edu Margaret.Thomas at notes.udayton.edu
Mon Aug 22 14:06:56 EDT 2011

We have a transcriber attend class with the student and transcribe the
class in person.

Margaret Thomas
Information Technology Manager
University of Dayton School of Law
Room 416
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469-2772
937-229-4189

From:   Glen McBeth <glen.mcbeth at washburn.edu>
To:     Teknoids <teknoids at ruckus.law.cornell.edu>
Date:   08/22/2011 01:40 PM
Subject:        Re: [teknoids] Live Transcription for Deaf Student
Sent by:        teknoids-bounces at ruckus.law.cornell.edu

We have a wireless mic attached to the student laptop, who is on Skype
with the transcriber.  the student places the mic centrally.  Works well
if the professor has a loud voice.  If not, we mic the professor too.  The
student operates it himself on his own laptop.  We own only the mics.