[teknoids] RE: Pcounter users...a question

van Assendelft, Dirk DVA at wlu.edu
Fri Aug 19 11:17:18 EDT 2011

I'm not sure I understand the questions, but we set up each printer so that it will only talk to our server subnet.  That blocks IP printing (and a whole host of other services) from clients on other networks.  This works on our Ricoh, HP, and Dell printers.  We also lock the printer console with a code so that there is not much you can do at the printer.

The downside is that you then have to manage all your printers from that server network.