[teknoids] Pcounter users...a question

Margaret.Thomas at notes.udayton.edu Margaret.Thomas at notes.udayton.edu
Fri Aug 19 11:09:50 EDT 2011

We can't block it here either -- situation similar to yours. Let me know
if you get anything figured out!

Margaret

Margaret Thomas
Information Technology Manager
University of Dayton School of Law
Room 416
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469-2772
937-229-4189

From:   "Johnson, Cyndi" <johnson at law.unm.edu>
To:     Teknoids <teknoids at ruckus.law.cornell.edu>
Date:   08/19/2011 11:07 AM
Subject:        [teknoids] Pcounter users...a question
Sent by:        teknoids-bounces at ruckus.law.cornell.edu

Morning, all.
We’ve been using Pcounter for years. We just upgraded to their newest
version and installed it on a new print server. However, in setting it up,
it appears that direct IP printing is allowed. That defeats the purpose of
Pcounter, IMO. I was sure we had configured our Pcounter printer queues to
block IP printing but I sure can’t see how to do it and A.N.D. tech
support hasn’t been able to help, although we’ll continue to pursue it
with them.
So…how are others with Pcounter blocking IP printing?
Thanks and happy Friday.
Cyndi

Cyndi Dean Johnson
Assistant Dean/Director, Information Technology
UNM School of Law
You are currently subscribed to teknoids as:
margaret.thomas at notes.udayton.edu.
See the web interface at