[teknoids] RE: Ebook textbooks and secure exams?

John Mayer jmayer at cali.org
Thu Aug 18 14:43:40 EDT 2011

More students will be renting their textbooks this semester.  The
device is a PC or laptop and the reader is the browser.  In some
cases, the book is DRMed Adobe PDF, so that means the reader is
Acrobat or other DRM-compliant PDF reader.

Of course, this is not a problem if you use open casebooks.  Wish
someone would work on that.

Regards,
John

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Gary P. Moore
<Gary.P.Moore at hofstra.edu> wrote:
> Dan
>
> I was waiting for someone else to encounter this.  I asked the same question in May on Teknoids because we encountered the same issue for a Contracts exam.   We ended up having to do a hardcopy workaround as a result.
>
> This issue is only going to grow.  And the exam software companies need to address this.
>
> Gary
> Gary Moore, PMP |Assistant Dean for Information Systems| Hofstra Law School
> 121 Hofstra University, Room 221 |Gary.P.Moore at hofstra.edu |Phone: (516) 463-6067

John Mayer
Executive Director
565 West Adams