[teknoids] Mac LION not printing to Windows print server

DePrisco, John JDePrisco at avemarialaw.edu
Wed Aug 17 10:28:34 EDT 2011

Haven't found any solutions on the Internet yet, but one professor and
three students have upgraded to LION on their Macs and they are now
unable to print to our printers (Windows 2008 R2 print server, HP
printers, PCounter), the job just goes to "paused".  Have only seen
references to SMBX, CUPS, use only 32-bit server, blah, blah, blah -
none of that helps me.  Anyone else hitting this problem?  Any
workarounds?  Or is this now a "known issue" about LION?  J

Thanks,

John S. DePrisco, Assistant Director of Information Services

Ave Maria School of Law

1025 Commons Circle

Naples, FL 34119

239-687-5442 Office