[teknoids] Job Announcement: For *Immediate* Consideration - Online
Help Technical Writer (Washington, DC)
Patty De Anda
pdeanda at libraryassociates.com
Thu Mar 25 17:57:17 EST 2010
LAC seeks an Online Help Technical Writer for a project at a government agency in downtown Washington, DC. This is a full-time contract position for one year, subject to award. In order to be considered all applications must be submitted by Monday, March 29th by 3:00pm Eastern Time.
* Working closely with the coordinator of communications, subject matter experts and the project leadership, this individual will write and edit online help to accompany the client's system based on a written manual prepared at launch, technical changes made to the system post-launch, and specific user needs. The site is using RoboHelp software to create the online help.
* This individual will also assist the client in beginning a major initiative to convert its electronic mail system from GroupWise to Microsoft Exchange/Outlook. She or he will prepare all of the internal documentation to assist staff in preparing for the conversion and in learning the new system and applying it to specific needs.
* The individual will prepare client-specific documentation for the conversion to Microsoft Exchange. The documentation will be for the entire user community, not for the technical experts. This initiative will include, but may not be limited to, written manuals on the major aspects of the system, specific technology tips addressing individual functions, and training materials. The individual will also review the existing online help for the authoring and publishing system and update it to reflect current practices.
* Demonstrated knowledge of:
o Word 2003
o Microsoft Exchange/Outlook
* Must have experience in writing online help.
* Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Must be able to pass security clearance screening.
* Must be able to provide weekday coverage from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
* Please apply via this link: http://bit.ly/OnlineTechnicalWriter
* In order to be considered all applications must be submitted by Monday, March 29th by 3:00pm Eastern Time.
Library Associates Companies (LAC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
Patty De Anda Gates
Communications & Projects Associate
323.302.9439 - direct
323.852.1083 - main
323.852.1093 - fax
Patty on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1034066802&ref=profile>
LAC / Library Associates Companies, 6500 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 2240, Los Angeles, CA 90048
Sign up for the LAC Newsletter HERE<http://libraryassociates.com/>
LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fcompanies%2Flibrary-associates%2522%2520%255Co%2520%2522http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fcompanies%2Flibrary-associates&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzf1P50C_lRFu_0LojPFAEoy98P4YA> | LAC on Facebook<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroup.php%3Fgid%3D2411007137%2522%2520%255Co%2520%2522http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroup.php%3Fgid%3D2411007137&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdB4mDRQ6bu7SC19jDybb9WgZEyZw> | LAC on Twitter<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Flibassociates%2522%2520%255Co%2520%2522http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Flibassociates&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzeUg6wxSuy9eitHw0obYHzm_j_sHw> | LibGig on Twitter<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2F%2522&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzftJUSrvtP5Yyp-Z-DPwwE-104paQ>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Teknoids