[teknoids] Digital signage- Magicinfo

Johnson, Cyndi johnson at law.unm.edu
Tue Mar 16 09:47:50 EST 2010

We started out with MagicInfo on our Samsung displays but after a couple
of years, we upgraded to Magic Net Pro when it became available. I
didn't find either product easy to use or very flexible and it lacked
some key features I was interested in, like content management. We just
switched to a hosted solution from Risevision. It's far more intuitive
and flexible although I'm not sure it'll solve the content management
need. It's a subscription-based service so we prepaid for 6 months and
will reevaluate at that point.
Our University is looking for an Enterprise solution to digital signage.
Some of us have moved forward out of necessity and the result is a lack
of commodity purchasing or any real plan for sharing event promotion.
I'm on the committee and, in fact, am the chair of the subgroup
responsible for doing an external scan. I was hoping to use this group
to gather info on what people are using and how it's working. Of course
I'll be happy to share the results. I had hoped to work on it this week
as our internal survey is live.
Glen, feel free to contact me directly if you'd like more info.
Cyndi

Cyndi Dean Johnson
Assistant Dean for Information Technology
UNM School of Law
(505) 277-0695