[teknoids] Tips for Increasing Google PageRank

Earl Daniels lawead at langate.gsu.edu
Wed Mar 3 13:34:35 EST 2010

In addition to the steps that Dennis took and those suggested by Google:

 - Remember that search indexing robots are "disabled": Make certain your site is accessible at least to section 508 standard.
 - Since we are a "College of Law" and people more often search for "law school" - I tag photos with "Law School Professor..."  or "Law School Student..."
 - There's no substitute for quality content
 - avoid broken links - no just inside your site, but also incoming links - set up a redirect system to preserve old incoming links. Analyze your site's error logs!
 - Make link text on your site say what they link to... bunches of link that just say "more" hurt rankings. Same applies to page file names.

My 2 cents' worth,
- Earl

Earl A. Daniels, Web Coordinator
Georgia State University College of Law
EarlDaniels at gsu.edu | 404-413-9110
Urban Life Building, Room 636
140 Decatur Street,
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
http://law.gsu.edu

>>> Dennis Bishop <dennisbishop at gmail.com> 3/2/2010 6:56 PM >>>
Hi All,

Following is an excerpt from a discussion about our law school website outranking the main university's site. My Dean approached me a few years back about our dismal placement in Google results (third or fourth page). We developed the protocol below to gain rank and over the years have had success.

Does anyone else have any tips for increasing PageRank?

Best,

Dennis

===

Begin forwarded message: