[teknoids] Sharepoint Developer/Admin Position at Yale Law School
kevin.bailey at yale.edu
Thu Jul 8 10:57:06 EDT 2010
Please see below the advertisement for a Sharepoint Developer/Admin position at Yale Law School. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Systems Programmer (10272BR)
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, Medicine, and Music.
Reporting to the Director of IT Services at Yale Law School (YLS), administer and maintain systems and solutions built using Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007. This position will be part of the YLS IT team, which provides a wide range of IT services to the Law School community, including developing and maintaining our network and server infrastructure, providing support to Law School colleagues, and serving on University committees.
* Architect, design, implement and support mission-critical software solutions based on Microsoft technologies.
* Enhance and maintain SharePoint sites.
* Research and test complex software systems to enhance performance or investigate and resolve complex technical issues.
* Manage system and site security.
* Design and develop reports and dashboards for SharePoint 2007 using SQL Server reporting services.
* Design and deploy SharePoint web parts. Evaluate and deploy third-party web parts.
* Ensure availability of SharePoint; apply patches, service packs, and infrastructure updates.
* Create end-user and system documentation.
* Train technical staff and end users.
* Consult and collaborate with application developers, database administrators, service providers and data center operations staff on application issues and problems.
* Bachelor's Degree and four years of experience as a systems programmer; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience using SharePoint Designer to customize Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 sites.
* Strong knowledge of Active Directory, IIS 6.0, upgrades, system administration, and security.
* Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability in scripting and programming, including Microsoft.Net, C#, ASP.NET, VBscript and HTML, XML, and XSL.
* Experience in User Interface design and implementation.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and provide excellent customer service to the faculty, staff and students at YLS.
* Ability to take high-level requirements and develop them into robust applications, performing analyst duties as well as development, architecture, training and support.
* Demonstrated database design, maintenance and development skills using Microsoft SQL.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency in mastering and applying new technical skills and concepts.
* Ability to quickly diagnose and respond rapidly, effectively and independently to critical issues and system difficulties.
* Strong client-service orientation.
* Preferred: Experience providing support in a higher education environment; Detailed knowledge of the Windows and Mac OS X operating systems with demonstrated experience in systems administration, experience in change management.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.Yale.edu/jobs<http://www.Yale.edu/jobs> - the STARS req ID for this position is 10272BR. Please be sure to reference source code ITEKN when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.
Kevin J. Bailey
Deputy Director, Yale Law School IT Services
kevin.bailey at yale.edu
Office: (203) 432-4045
IT Help Line: (203) 432-0821
Fax: (203) 432-2575
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Teknoids