[teknoids] If gadget is required, accommodations must be made ...

John Quentin Heywood heywood at american.edu
Thu Jul 1 11:56:58 EDT 2010

On Thursday 01 July 2010, Tracey wrote:

> Maybe I'm not cynical enough, but I think this is just the Feds
> reminding institutions of higher learning that e-readers are covered by
> the ADA

I see it as the Feds smacking Amazon for making an ereader that only has
speech capability if it is in the ebook itself, and more damningly, has no
speech in its menus and navigation, making it absolutely useless for folks
with sight issues. The iPad, however, is fully functional, just lacking
academic content.
--
John Quentin Heywood
heywood at american.edu