[teknoids] re: PC migration tool ... XP to 7?

elmer at teknoids.net elmer at teknoids.net
Fri Aug 6 09:08:42 EDT 2010

I'll second Jonathon on Windows Easy Transfer, it is great and I've used it
and the older files and settings transfer wizard many times over the years
without any trouble. I would recommend reviewing the settings to make sure it
is saving just what you want.

I like to use a handy utility called Belarc Advisor,
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html, before doing any upgrades or system
changes. It provides a nifty printable report about your PC that includes all
of its configuration info and things like software versions, license keys,
and serials numbers. Makes getting everything up and running on the new PC
easier.

Good luck!

Elmer.
@emasters