[teknoids] Touchscreen Wayfinding Code

Chapman, Ben ben.chapman at emory.edu
Mon Aug 2 13:02:08 EDT 2010

Jamie,

I just fired up the demo. This is really impressive.

Ben

On Aug 2, 2010, at 12:45 PM, Butler, Jamie wrote:

Happy Monday Teknoids,

I wanted to let everyone know that we have finally published our SVG Wayfinding code.  I apologize for taking so long, but we wanted to distribute this in a way that was easy to use.  To that end, we have developed and published a jQuery plugin.  For those of you that weren’t at the session, UC Davis is using this code for interactive wayfinding screens located at each entrance to our new building.  The system provides turn by turn directions for visitors using a SVG file.

The plugin can be found at http://code.google.com/p/wayfinding/.  In the downloads section you will find the actual plugin along with a sample application.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Best,

Jamie Butler
Director of Information Technology
UC Davis School of Law
(530) 752-6012
jebutler at ucdavis.edu<mailto:jebutler at ucdavis.edu>

UC Davis School of Law - 40 Years of Excellence, Leadership, and Community

<ATT00001..txt>

--
Benjamin J. Chapman, J.D.
Assistant Dean, Information Technology