[teknoids] Office 2007 Training

Steve Winckelman stevew at umn.edu
Fri May 29 00:51:17 EDT 2009

We deployed Office 2007 to some of our power users last year and they
should be able to help us when we covert every one else this summer.  We
created a list of online training resources we liked and posted it on
our internal web server (shown below).  We've also allowed people to
volunteer to upgrade early and so far over a quarter of our
faculty/staff/library machines have been converted to Office 2007 which
helped everyone see that this is not an impossible migration.

Steve Winckelman
University of Minnesota Law School

  Microsoft Office 2007

With Office 2007, Microsoft has made some significant changes to the
user interface, compared to Office 2003 and earlier. Online documents
and training materials are available at the links below to help users
become familiar with the new interfaces.

    Via Microsoft Training

      Get familiar with Word:

Get to know Word 2007 I: Create your first document
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102275001033>

Get to know Word 2007 II: Edit text and revise your documents
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102276801033>

Get to know Word 2007 III: Make documents look great
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102282881033>

      Get up to speed with the new version:

Up to speed with Word 2007
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC100664431033>

Up to speed with the 2007 Office system
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC101482291033>

      Let Word do the work with templates:

Save time with templates
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102231981033>

      Display information effectively:

Bullets, numbers, and lists
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102161651033>

Decorate documents with backgrounds, borders, and text effects
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102311071033>

Reuse text and other document parts: Introducing building blocks
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102414221033>

      Insert comments and track your revisions:

Revise documents with Track Changes and Comments in Word 2007
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102359491033>

      Add finishing touches to your document:

Header and footer basics
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102394361033>

Headers and footers for document sections
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102395081033>

Table of Contents I: Create an automatic TOC
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102616991033>

Table of Contents II: Customize your TOC
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102631701033>

Table of Contents III: Use fields to create a TOC and create multiple
TOCs
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102666801033>

      Use mail merge:

Mail merge I: Use mail merge for mass mailings
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102778121033>

Mail merge II: Use the Ribbon and perform a complex mail merge
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102798041033>

      Learn general Office skills:

Keyboard shortcuts in the 2007 Office system
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC101562731033>

Security I: How the 2007 Office system helps you to stay safer
<http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC101941421033>

    U of M Training

UTTC <http://uttc.umn.edu/training/index.jsp>^* offers the following
Office 2007 training session online: