[teknoids] cali.org had a DNS failure

Elmer Masters emasters at cali.org
Tue Jul 28 15:32:25 EDT 2009

Folks,
We had some problems with our zoneedit DNS service this morning. A
couple of zoneedit servers were brought down by attacks and we were
lucky enough to be on both. Our problems were resolved by about 12:15
PM ET with the addition of a tertiary DNS and transfer of primary and
secondary DNS to other zoneedit machines. . While our servers continue
to run properly, and are visible in most places, I’m still getting
reports of outages. As you know, it may take up to 72 hours for the
DNS changes that were made to propagate across the network, so please
do a check and see if you can reach the shiny and new
http://www.cali.org/. If you can't, feel free to bug your IT person
about flushing the DNS cache, just tell ’em Elmer said it was a good
idea :)

Thanks,
Elmer.
And no I didn't have “fiddle with DNS all day” on my schedule.

Director of Internet Development
emasters at cali.org	773-332-7508