[teknoids] EFF Pioneer Award Nominations open
scperkins at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 07:38:33 EDT 2009
Know anyone to nominate?
* Nominate a Pioneer for EFF's 2009 Pioneer Awards!
EFF established the Pioneer Awards to recognize leaders on the
electronic frontier who are extending freedom and innovation in the
realm of information technology. This is your opportunity to nominate
a deserving individual or group to receive a Pioneer Award for 2009.
The International Pioneer Awards nominations are open both to
individuals and organizations from any country. Nominations are
reviewed by a panel of judges chosen for their knowledge of the
technical, legal, and social issues associated with information
How to Nominate Someone for a 2009 Pioneer Award:
You may send as many nominations as you wish, but please use one email
per nomination. Please submit your entries via email to
pioneer at eff.org. We will accept nominations until July 30, 2009.
Simply tell us:
1. The name of the nominee,
2. The phone number, email address or website by which the nominee can
be reached, and, most importantly,
3. Why you feel the nominee deserves the award.
There are no specific categories for the EFF Pioneer
Awards, but the following guidelines apply:
1. The nominees must have contributed substantially to the health,
growth, accessibility, or freedom of computer-based communications.
2. To be valid, all nominations must contain your reason, however
brief, for nominating the individual or organization and a means of
contacting the nominee. In addition, while anonymous nominations will
be accepted, ideally we'd like to contact the nominating parties in
case we need further information.
3. The contribution may be technical, social, economic, or cultural.
4. Nominations may be of individuals, systems, or organizations in the
private or public sectors.
5. Nominations are open to all (other than current members of EFF's
staff and operating board or this year's award judges), and you may
nominate more than one recipient. You may also nominate yourself or
6. Persons or representatives of organizations receiving an EFF
Pioneer Award will be invited to attend the ceremony at EFF's
More on the EFF Pioneer Awards:
Steven C. Perkins SCPerkins at gmail.com
Researching Indigenous Peoples' Rights
Indigenous and Ethnic Minority Legal News
More information about the Teknoids