[teknoids] Email List server or service?

Gary Moore Gary.P.Moore at hofstra.edu
Fri Feb 20 11:30:08 EST 2009

I concur with Greg.  We setup a mailman mailing list for our faculty
blog postings via our bluehost site and we administer a couple at
Cornell (courtesy of Tom, Dan and the folks at LII) for our death
penalty listservs.  Works very well.

Gary

Gary Moore, CISSP
Assistant Dean for Information Systems
Hofstra University School of Law
Gary.P.Moore at hofstra.edu
(516) 463-6067

>>> On 2/20/2009 at 11:12 AM, in message
<0E426FC282D1484D923975EC920C7C7704147C6D at EXVS2.stk.pacific.edu>,
"Greg Mathes" <gmathes at PACIFIC.EDU> wrote:

Matthew,

We use our parent University’s “Mailman” system for moderated and
cross-community lists.  It’s an open source app and has worked very well
for us over the last 5 or so years.  The following link will take you to
the download and info site:

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/

Greg

Greg Mathes, Chief Technology Officer
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
3200 5th Ave.Sacramento, CA 95817
(Office) 916-739-7224
(Fax) 916-739-7388