[teknoids] RE: Email List server or service?

Jonathan B. Davis davis_jb at law.mercer.edu
Fri Feb 20 11:13:11 EST 2009

We allow anyone inside our organization (faculty/staff) to email any Exchange list.  For folks outside, we add them as SMTP contacts also, but we also add them to an unpublished "External Senders" list.  Then, using Exchange 2007 Transport Rules, we also allow members of that list/group to send to certain distribution lists.  If someone from outside sends to one of our distribution lists but they are not members of that list/group, we redirect their message to an "approval" mailbox which we check regularly.  Mostly what we see there are students sending from their gmail instead of their institutional email address.

I can provide more details, if necessary.

Jonathan B. Davis
Systems Manager
Mercer University - Walter F. George School of Law
www.law.mercer.edu<http://www.law.mercer.edu>
davis_jb at law.mercer.edu<mailto:davis_jb at mercer.edu>
(478) 301-2181