[teknoids] Videoconference services?

Daniel Nagy dn56 at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 10 15:39:19 EST 2009

Well you don't necessarily even need that, depending on how many folks
you are dealing with. We have a huge Teleconf rig, and we have in the
past just used software on personal hardware (in our case OSX based
machines). You just connect directly to the rig with no bridging needed,
but I believe there are free bridging services (can't realy remember it
was a while ago). With the built in cam it is good but not great. The
key to the kingdom finding a client that is compatible with the H.323
protocol. Xmeeting is the client for osx. Dunno about windows.

Kinkos/Fedex seems to have teleconf rooms at some of their locations:
http://bit.ly/72oFD2 .