[teknoids] Restricting of wireless access in classrooms

Daniel Nagy dn56 at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 2 15:39:25 EST 2009

#begin screed

Trying to block wifi/cell access is a loosing battle. A solution that
works today will not work tomorrow. Unless you have Faraday cage
classrooms, (hey, the CIA did it with a whole building) time will
eventually make anything you do obsolete.  This is not a silicon based
problem. This is a carbon based problem.

The only quick, current solution is to make it a violation of the honor
code. The long term solution is to transform the already bastardized
thing that is referred to as the "Socratic method of teaching" to
embrace modern technology. There is a lot of status quo instructional
infrastructure maintained under the guise of Socratic method, so good
luck with that.

#end screed