[teknoids] Online Project Mgmt Software -- Free?

Bohl, Phillip C. Phillip.Bohl at pepperdine.edu
Tue Aug 25 18:29:27 EDT 2009

Hello and welcome to a new school year!

Anyone aware of a decent online project management tool?  I'm working
with my church on a project and am looking for a free-ish solution...

We're doing a facility remodel and launching a new initiative -
essentially we're creating a small live performance venue from scratch -
construction, sound/video/lighting, marketing, staffing, etc.  We're a
small church (read small budget).  The project team is about 6 people.

Knowing little outside MS Project, I've poked around a bit and found
(thanks to Bing):

Zoho (projects.zoho.com <http://www.zoho.com/> ) seems pretty flexible

Agile (www.rallydev.com <http://www.rallydev.com/> ) seems more focused
on software development

ACE Project (www.aceproject.com <http://www.aceproject.com/> ) free
version is limited to 5 users - though, if it's the right one, may be
worth buying

AJAX Workspace (www.ajaxworkspace.com <http://www.ajaxworkspace.com/> )
free version is limited to 3 users

Any thoughts or experience you can offer will be much appreciated.

TIA

Phil