[teknoids] Hosted Video Service vs. In-House Media Server (Bandwidth)

Raymond Flores rflores at law.usc.edu
Wed Nov 19 17:59:35 EST 2008

We use a combination of both.  For videos that are intended for internal
use we post them behind our portal.  Depending on the format they are
either mediasite recordings or video recordings converted to flash.
When you convert to flash the bandwidth and storage requirements drop
dramatically.

For public videos we post them to our dedicated youtube channel.  This
is a free service but they will eventually charge for it.  You can view
our channel at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/uscgould

Thank you.