[teknoids] Question re online course evaluations

Bradley, Jason jason.bradley at Law.Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue May 20 14:02:40 EDT 2008

Sandy,

We use electronic evaluations but they are not mandated. By that I mean, it's the only way you can eval a course/prof, but you aren't required to complete it. We have about a 75% success rate with that. The administration chose not to mandate/hold grades because it can negatively impact results (e.g. to get my grade I'll just answer 'C' to everything you asked to say I did it).

Jason Bradley, MCSE, CCNA
Director of Information Technology
Vanderbilt University Law School
V Phone: 615.358.7428
  Fax: 615.322.3899
 Please consider the environment before printing this email.

-----Original Message-----
From: teknoids-bounces at ruckus.law.cornell.edu [mailto:teknoids-bounces at ruckus.law.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Sandra Lamar
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:46 PM
To: teknoids at ruckus.law.cornell.edu
Subject: [teknoids] Question re online course evaluations

I asked recently about experiences people have had with doing online
course evaluations, and didn't receive any answers.

Is anyone at all having students evaluate profs this way, or did my
question just get upstaged by the funny cat video?

We have a program that ought to replace the paper evaluations done during
the last class, but are wondering how to get students to sign on.  We are
thinking the only practical way would be to hold their grades until they
evaluate the course.  Any opinions even if you haven't actually tried
this?

Thanks,

Sandy Lamar
Computer Services Reference Librarian