[teknoids] 2008 CALI Conference Theme - need your help

Laurie Ralston laurie.ralston at asu.edu
Thu Jan 10 10:36:55 EST 2008

It seems to me that while we see our roles and functions change from
being hardware- and infrastructure-centered to focusing more on
providing educational technology services (podcasting, online course
development, pre-recording lectures to avoid make-up classes, etc), the
faculty is backing away from it.  For us here, I think part of it was
due to a huge dog-and-pony show that the educational tech folks from the
University did for the law school last spring, touting tools that
sounded great, but never panned out (or we're still waiting for them to
materialize).

So one topic for me, and this relates to the reflection piece, is how do
we get and keep our faculty (and staff) excited, energized, and
interested in using more and different tech tools in their classes?

Laurie

Laurie Ralston, Ed.D.
Director of IT,
Associate Instructor of Law & Practice