[teknoids] Is anyone issuing laptops?

Brian Baker bbaker at sjcl.edu
Wed Feb 20 19:02:21 EST 2008

Not anymore.  When I first started at UDC they were in the last year of
doing that.  It was a nightmare.  When it breaks or doesn't work right
you are to blame because you made them buy that machine.  Your better
off setting standards and being prepared to work on any machine.  Your
also better off accepting Macs.  Even if you know nothing about them,
they will be less of a problem for you in the long run, because the Mac
users will band together to figure out any problems they have.

Just my 2 cents.

Brian L. Baker, JD, MLS
Director of the Law Library
& Professor of Law
San Joaquin College of Law
E:  bbaker at sjcl.edu V: 559-323-2100 F:  559-323-5566
http://www.sjcl.edu/baker <http://www.sjcl.edu/baker>
http://www.frappr.com/bbaker <http://www.frappr.com/bbaker>

As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both
instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly
unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be aware of
change in the air however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of
the darkness.

Justice William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court (1939-75)