[teknoids] Any law schools using Dspace?

Pamela Brannon pbrannon at gsu.edu
Thu Feb 14 13:43:15 EST 2008

We have a community on GSU's DSpace for the College of Law which we have been using for the past few months. So far the community only contains material relating to the history of the College of Law (annual reports, COL newsletters, etc.), but we have a couple of more ambitious projects in the works. We haven't developed a policy regarding archiving faculty scholarship, but I imagine it's a subject we'll be discussing in the future.

Pam

Pamela C. Brannon
Reference/Electronic Services Librarian
Georgia State University College of Law Library
P.O. Box 4008
Atlanta, GA 30302-4008
Phone: 404-413-9128
Fax: 404-413-9144
pbrannon at gsu.edu

>>> "Elmer Masters" <emasters at cali.org> 2/13/2008 8:32 PM >>>
Folks,
Over at the Law Librarian Blog
(http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/law_librarian_blog/) Joe Hodnicki
wonders if law schools should be using Dspace, an excellent, open
source, digital repository system (http://www.dspace.org/), instead of
the likes of SSRN and BePress
(http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/law_librarian_blog/2008/02/should-you-be-u.html).

This got me to wondering if any law schools are indeed using Dspace to
create a digital repository of law school materials.  Are you?  Anyone
running their own Dspace install or using the cetral University's
repository?  Does your school use another system?  Does your school
have or are youdeveloping a policy for creating and maintaing a
digital repository of law school material?

Juat wondering.

Director of Internet Development
emasters at cali.org	773-332-7508
You are currently subscribed to teknoids as: pbrannon at gsu.edu.