[teknoids] Fixing the MBR

marbux marbux at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 02:28:30 EST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 7:28 PM, Tracey McCartney <tracey at fairhousing.com> wrote:
> I was amazed at the number of procedures in the Microsoft KB that
> require floppies.  I don't  think we've had a working floppy drive in
> this house since 2001 or so.  Do you guys still use floppies much?

For me, nowhere as much as in days of yore. But for tools you need to
recover from an operating system that doesn't want to boot, they're
still useful. Also, for large works in progress that run into the
hundreds of pages, I feel emotionally more secure if I occasionally
back it up to a floppy and store it at my daughter's house. Of course
if it gets really big, then it takes a CD, a thumb drive, or  online
backup storage. :-)