[teknoids] Call for Speakers for 2008 Conference for Law School Computing

John Mayer jmayer at cali.org
Fri Feb 8 16:54:29 EST 2008

**please share this far and wide**

Conference Home Page: http://www.cali.org/conference

2008 Conference for Law School Computing
***** Transforming Legal Education *****

This year's conference is all about change - transformational change.
 It is time to put the divisiveness of laptops in the classroom behind
us.  It is time to face our fears.  Fear of USNews ranks, fear of the
student debt implosion, fear of technology and change itself.  It's
time to consider the ideas of Carnegie and decide how technology
impacts professionalism and ethics in legal education.  What does
transformation mean to you and your institution and does technology
have a central or supporting role in accomplishing our goals?

You can submit session proposals here...
http://www2.cali.org/index.php?fuseaction=conference.sessionproposal&eventid=8

... or just go to the Conference website and click thru the links...
http://www.cali.org/conference

REGISTRATION IS OPEN

HOTEL ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE

The conference will be on THURSDAY-SATURDAY, June 18-21, 2008 in
Baltimore, MD at the University of Maryland School of Law.

Faculty, Librarians, Tech Staff, A/V folks, Web developers, CIOs and
Deans are welcome to present and participate.

- technology in the classroom
- distance learning
- exams on computers/policy and technlogies
- video annotation of student performance
- custom course materials and ebooks
- content management, course management, community management systems
- software patents in education
- webcams and videoconferencing
- main campus computing negotiations
- clickers in the classroom