[teknoids] support policies re Macs

Whitcomb, Jeff jmwhitco at samford.edu
Thu Feb 7 09:09:11 EST 2008

1.     Do you provide support to faculty members using Macs?  If yes, is
it equivalent to the support you provide for Windows, or are there
limitations?

WE don't have any faculty using Macs here at work, so not currently an
issue.  Main campus has Mac users and they support them fully.

2.     Are you and the users satisfied with the Mac support situation?
Do Macs take more time than Windows to support?

I don't have a background in Macs, so I do what I can for students, but,
thankfully, our computer librarian is/was a Mac user at home, so she
does most of the student Mac support, and I never know about it.

3.     Are there schools that do not support Macs at all?

Jeff Whitcomb
Technology Services Manager
Member: Staff Advisory Council

Cumberland School of Law - Samford University
205-726-4662