[teknoids] Securexam VS Exam4

Robert Bennett rbennett5 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Oct 30 13:51:11 EST 2007

We've been using exam4 for quite a while, long before I arrived here, and
it's been great. There seems to be an inconsistency with the Windows
version, sometimes Norton and McAfee conflict with exam4 and sometimes
they do not but I doubt that's an exam4 problem. The Mac version is
flawless and the only problem we have with it, is that the students don't
always read the prompts when OSX asks them for the keychain password.
Exams are encrypted, transferred over the wireless network, and stored on
our local server.

Bob Bennett
Director of Information Technology
University of Nebraska College of Law
(402) 472-1293

kasra at optonline.net
Sent by: teknoids-bounces at ruckus.law.cornell.edu
10/30/07 01:33 PM
Please respond to
Teknoids <teknoids at ruckus.law.cornell.edu>

Teknoids <teknoids at ruckus.law.cornell.edu>
cc
teknoids at ruckus.law.cornell.edu
Subject
[teknoids] Securexam VS Exam4

Hello noids,

With fall exams breathing on our backs I was wondering how many of you are
Securexam users who don't mind the major changes to the process of
registering every user and faculty and class etc..

Saving the exams on someone else's server makes me a bit uneasy especially
after all the stories floating around about the NYS Bar Exam fiasco with
Software Secure product. I hear Cordoza had a melt down with the early
exam on the MAC version of the securexam as well.

I am looking into Exam4 as an alternative. Any of you out there have used
it? They seem to be the only other one who do support native MAC OS.

I need to make a decision by like yesterday so I do appreciate your quick
fedback.

Kasra

IT Director
St. John's University School of Law