[teknoids] Clinic Students eMail When Communicating With Clients

Rich McCue rmccue at uvic.ca
Tue Oct 9 14:14:03 EDT 2007

We set students up with a law clinic e-mail account that we disable after
they are finished at the clinic.  For example  a student account would be:
rmccue at uvic.ca   My law clinic account would be: rich.mccue at thelawcentre.ca

I suggested to the head of the clinic that they use generic accounts, but he
felt that would be too impersonal.

Hope that helps.

Rich

On 10/2/07, Greta A Dawson <greta at wcl.american.edu> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> quick question...
>
> how do you handle student communication within your clinical programs
> and the use of eMail between the student attorney and the client.
>
> do the students
> 1.) use their student eMail
> 2.) use a throwaway eMail
> 3.) students get anther eMail for clinic use individually/specifically
> 4.)each clinic has a group eMail?
>
> Any light you can shed would be awesome.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Greta

Rich McCue
Systems Administrator