[teknoids] re: e-mail access

Jean, Raymond P rjean at tulane.edu
Tue Mar 6 13:43:35 EST 2007

At Tulane, we do not permit student organizations to e-mail the student
body with announcements.  As a substitute, we have setup a Sharepoint
Portal Services based Intranet with running announcements (essentially,
serving as an online electronic bulletin board).  Students may author
announcements there directly and by putting all key information there,
we try to single-source law school information.

With the deployment of Outlook 2007, we hope to educate about RSS and
encourage students to subscribe to RSS feeds of announcements, so
everything can be handled through the mail client.

Raymond Jean

Computing Services

Tulane Law School