[teknoids] RE: SofTest Over Wireless

Margaret.Thomas at notes.udayton.edu Margaret.Thomas at notes.udayton.edu
Wed Aug 8 08:12:14 EDT 2007

Our students also bring thier own computers. We've had this problem as
well and worked with the softtest team to resolve the issue. We use a VPN
quarantine which seemed to be causing too much delay in the process. We
also use ISA. We ended up opening up the Examsoft site through the ISA and
that seem to solve all but a few of the problems. There seem to always be
a  few who have way too many automatic stuff on their computers!

Good luck!

Margaret Thomas
Information Technology Manager
University of Dayton School of Law
Room 416
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469-2772
937-229-4189

"West, Jeff" <jwest at mail.barry.edu>
Sent by: teknoids-bounces at ruckus.law.cornell.edu
08/07/2007 08:24 PM
Please respond to
Teknoids <teknoids at ruckus.law.cornell.edu>

<teknoids at ruckus.law.cornell.edu>
cc

Subject
[teknoids] RE: SofTest Over Wireless

Daniel,

Why are you running PPTP inside of your network?  I can understand using
PPTP when outsiders are getting access to resources on campus, but is
there
any need to encrypt communications that are on campus?  Most sites that
handle sensitive data encrypt the contents using SSL, so there is really
no
need to complete encrypt every portion of the communication pipe, unless
you
have problems with hackers on your campus.  Why don't you just put your
wireless network on a different VLAN than the rest of your PC's and setup
route to the rest of your network and to the internet.  You can also block
certain traffic using your router.  My guess is that somehow the
encryption
/ decryption process in your network is causing this problem.  This should
probably take care of your problem uploading to Examsoft.

Jeffrey M. West
Systems Administrator
Barry University
Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
6441 East Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32807
Phone - (321) 206-5705    Fax - (321) 206-5715
Cell - (407) 925-7030
E-Mail - jwest at mail.barry.edu

Have you talked with the support team at ExamSort about this?  They may
have run into this before.  I have found them to be very helpful.

Pat Burton
Stetson University College of Law