[teknoids] Wimba Live Classroom or Roundbox Global???

Lisa Smith-Butler Smith-ButlerL at nsu.law.nova.edu
Tue Aug 7 14:05:58 EDT 2007

I use Horizon Wimba in a distance ed class that I teach.  The version I
use does audio and power point but I understand video is now or about to
be available with the product.  There is also a chat text box, a
whiteboard that will display power points, and a polling/multiple choice
question feature. URLs can also be shared.   Professors can write, draw,
and highlight on the whiteboard.  It also has an application sharing
feature.

It doesn't work well at all with wireless in remote locations.  I
recently tried teaching from the mountains and had difficulty but it
works fine with a wired connection.

Lisa