[teknoids] Multiple computers on 1 Instant messenger account

Hughes, Trevor M. hughestm at wfu.edu
Fri Aug 3 09:53:34 EDT 2007

AIM seems to handle this well.  What it doesn't handle well is the

ie. Prof. Jon sends a message.  It will show up on all computers that
are logged in to the AIM account.  However, when techie 1 sends a
response back to Prof. Jon, only techie1 and Prof. Jon will see that
message.  Techie 2 would not know that techie 1 already sent a message
and might also try to respond to Prof. Jon.

You'd have to make sure you work on your internal communications to make
sure multiple people don't try to respond to the Prof.  If you test it a
bit you'll see how it works, and you'll see how it could get very
confusing for the professors if multiple techies respond to them. But
from the side of all the techies getting the alert, it works very well.

Good luck,
Trevor

Assistant Director of Business Systems
Wake Forest University School of Law