[teknoids] Multiple computers on 1 Instant messenger account

Bradley, Jason jason.bradley at Law.Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Aug 1 22:09:03 EDT 2007

GoogleTalk allows this.

-Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: teknoids-bounces at ruckus.law.cornell.edu
[mailto:teknoids-bounces at ruckus.law.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Glen McBeth
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 4:45 PM
To: Teknoids
Subject: [teknoids] Multiple computers on 1 Instant messenger account

Does anyone know of a simple and free instant messenger that allows
multiple computers to be logged in to a single account simultaneously?
I want to have a virtual help desk that is manned by many staff members
at the same time from their respective offices, all receiving the same
instant message requests.  That way, if I am out of my office, someone
else could help.

Skype allows it, but is not simple enough, since it has all these VOIP
functions.  I want something resembling the Yahoo! instant messenger.
You are currently subscribed to teknoids as:
jason.bradley at law.vanderbilt.edu.
See the web interface at