[teknoids] Remote access solutions?

Christine Pereira pereira at narf.org
Fri Apr 13 11:07:35 EDT 2007

I use a combination of GoToMyPc and the free version of LogMeIn and have
been really happy with both.  We have offices in AK, CO and DC and I use the
GoToMyPc for access to my servers and I use the free LogMeIn software on my
workstations.  I can work from any computer hooked to the internet.  Both
products require software to be loaded on the "host" computer and GoToMyPc
is dependent on a static IP address.  The GoToMyPc allows for file transfers
while the free version of LogMeIn does not.  There are paid (relatively
inexpensive too) versions of LogMeIn that allow for much more than just
remote control.  I have been using GoToMyPc for many years and LogMeIn for
about a year and only have trouble when the host computer is not turned on!

Good luck.

Christine Pereira
Native American Rights Fund
Boulder, CO 80302