[teknoids] Legal Research Tools & the Dual monitor businesscase...

Rich McCue rmccue at law.uvic.ca
Wed Mar 15 11:47:06 EST 2006

I admit that the tri monitor setup may be a bit excessive, but the productivity gains you get from having the two monitors is about 10% right away, and then moves up to 20% or more as you modify how you work to take advantage of the extra screen real-estate (this is according one of our associate deans - not a technophile by any means).

This summer I hope to reproduce the Microsoft research that I reference in the paper, and conduct it specifically with Law students, and Law Faculty members.  I expect to see the same productivity gains that the Microsoft researchers found in "normal" people ;-)

Rich