[teknoids] Wireless monitor adapters?

Jeff Shaw jeff.shaw at law.msu.edu
Wed Mar 1 13:32:42 EST 2006

We have VGA video running over CAT5e to 4 large (32" and 42") LCDs that we have announcements and upcoming events on.  But that is wired not wireless.  There are some VGA over wireless units out there but then tend to be point to point (for example 1 laptop to 1 projector) and not point to multipoint (a computer to several Plasmas).  Unless all of your Plasmas are going to be very close together I don't think that would work. You might want to try doing some searches for wireless digital signs/signage, since that is what it sounds like you want to do.  There have been some improvements announced since we did our install 8 months ago but I have not been following them that closely.  If you really want to do full screen video (think TV not PowerPoint) look at EtherneTV from VBrick. -Jeff

Jeff Shaw
Head of Faculty Technology Services
Michigan State University College of Law
208 Law College Building
East Lansing, MI 48824
(517) 432-6918 phone
(517) 432-6801 fax
(517) 432-9292 helpdesk
jeff.shaw at law.msu.edu

>>> barksdalei1 at nku.edu 3/1/2006 11:07 AM >>>

Our Dean of Advancement wants to place plasma monitors around the building to display information for the students. We want to be able to send the video to the monitors over our 802.11g network from a dedicated PC, rather than install coax everywhere we want a monitor. I can't seem to find a wireless monitor adapter that would let us do this. Has anyone out there done this? Thanks in advance. ____________________________________________ Iain Barksdale
Asst Director for Information TechnologyAsst Professor of Library ServicesNH211Chase College of LawNKUHighland Heights, Ky. 41099859.572.6031http://www.nku.edu/~barksdalei1