[teknoids] Amicus X issues

Margaret.Thomas at notes.udayton.edu Margaret.Thomas at notes.udayton.edu
Wed Feb 1 15:12:24 EST 2006

We have recently been trying to convert some old Amicus V data into
version X without success. The response from Gavel and Gown is version 7
is coming out soon -- just convert to it -- version X has has big
technical problems so we don't advise that you use it. . .

We have found version X to be much more stable and user friendly than
earlier versions (we've been using it in our clinic for about a year and a
half). It is web/SQL based,  and it just works.

Has anyone else run into Amicus conversion issues? Version X issues? I'm
not interested in going back to the proprietary database of the earlier
versions, so I guess I'm looking for suggestions/recommendations for
another product if G&G is no longer going to support their SQL product.

Thanks.

Margaret

Margaret Thomas
Information Technology Manager