[teknoids] Amicus Attorney vs. Time Matters vs. ?

Robert Larmon rlarmon at law.usc.edu
Tue Apr 25 17:42:08 EDT 2006

Hey Andy, Thanks for the info.

Amicus is fairly inexpensive yearly ($1000 for software and support) but I
don’t know how much Time Matters would cost.  I’m a little disinclined to
investigate Time Matters only because when Lexis or West grab a company they
don’t seem to do much with it.

Amicus has had some legacy issues which is why we're looking into
alternatives.  We're also looking at building a system that does a backup in
realtime or as close as possible.  In case of a RAID-memory failure, which
we had last week, it caused about a 2 hour data gap from the last backup
during our clinics' busiest time of year.  Hopefully Amicus moving to SQL
will help with that.

Rob

Robert Larmon
Assistant Director for Network Services