[teknoids] UNM laptop requirement program passes!

Sydney Beckman sbeckman at charlestonlaw.org
Thu Apr 6 12:24:50 EDT 2006

We have a laptop requirement as well.  If you look around you can find brand
new entry level machines in the $500 range which would do everything the
average student needs.  The biggest challenge is the support end.  There is
an ongoing debate about support of Macs - I would suggest not permitting
them at first (and I am a Mac lover!) because of the support piece.  I don't
think you need to spec out the processor - I would focus on Operating System
/ Minimum amount of memory and a wireless card if your school has a wireless
network.

Sydney A. Beckman

Assistant Professor of Law

Charleston School of Law