[teknoids] Weird network printing problem

Scott Clausnitzer sclausnitzer at johnmarshall.edu
Wed Apr 5 15:53:07 EDT 2006

Tracey,

I'm sure you've checked most of these, but just in case...

Other things to check would be the Windows Firewall and/or any other third
party firewall / security software.

Many of the newer anti-virus programs also include some personal firewall
features that can inhibit IPP printing.

Also try doing a TRACERT from both the desktop and the laptop PCs. Make sure
that the routes being traveled are the same for both.

Make sure the DNS servers are the same, and the default gateway addresses.

What about proxy servers?

Do you have the laptops configured to use anything different than the
desktop PC?

---------------------------------------
Scott A. Clausnitzer
Director of Information Technology