[teknoids] Weird network printing problem

Bradley, Jason jason.bradley at Law.Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Apr 3 16:29:07 EDT 2006

Tracey,

Is the Subnet Mask set correctly on the printer and laptop(s)?

-Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: teknoids-bounces at ruckus.law.cornell.edu
[mailto:teknoids-bounces at ruckus.law.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Tracey
McCartney
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 3:11 PM
To: Teknoids
Subject: [teknoids] Weird network printing problem

We have a new-ish color laser printer sitting on our network.  All the
computers and other devices in the office have private 192. IPs. The printer
also has a private, static IP.

The desktop computer in the office (static private IP) can ping and print to
the printer just fine.  But two laptops in the office cannot even ping it.
I thought it might be because the laptops have dynamically assigned
addresses, but I've since made mine static, and it still won't work.

My laptop can see every other device on the network, just not this one.

Any ideas about what I might be missing?

Thanks,

Tracey

You are currently subscribed to teknoids as:
jason.bradley at law.vanderbilt.edu.
See the web interface at